Opening in 1904 this world famous zoo is home to more than 800 species, all living in 90 landscaped acres specifically designed for each inhabitant.
Things to See & Do
- River's Edge - Home to the black rhinos, Asian elephants, hippos, red river hogs and more!
- The Wild - Walk through to see a grizzly bear, prairie dogs, red pandas, gorillas and more!
- Discovery Corner – Come see the Children's Zoo, and discover meerkats, alpacas, guinea pigs, tree kangaroos and more insects than you can count!
- Historic Hill – Journey through the Bird House and Bird Garden, Primate House, and don’t forget the wildlife art gallery.
- Red Rocks – The Red Rocks is home to the big cat, zebras, giraffes, gazelles, red kangaroos, and so much more.
- Join the zookeepers with their Keeper chats are offered every day at 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. and at 5 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays in various locations throughout Zoo.
St. Louis Zoo Insider Tips
- Plan your day before you go so you make sure not to miss that special animal you love.
- There are daily shows with the sea lions, at the children’s zoo and a variety of feedings not to be missed.
- There are both wheelchair and stroller rentals available at the Living World and South Gates.
- Coolers and picnic baskets are permitted into the zoo. There is a picnic area for your use and enjoyment.