The oldest theatre in Louisville, StageOne Family Theatre entertains over 100,000 individuals each year with productions created for a variety of audiences. StageOne is described as "one of the nation's leading professional theaters for young audiences."
Classes are offered, school programs and after school experiences which help students learn to use their bodies, voices and imaginations to create scenes and build their dramatic skills.
Things to Do
- On Saturdays, take part in StageOne's Storytellers! program in which popular children's books are brought to life by little ones who help the actors with their singing and imagination.
- Throughout the year, Stage One offers a wide variety of camps and classes for kids of all ages. Storytellers is a program that is run throughout the year; or kids can enjoy Dramaworks camps during summer; or even participate in classes after-school,
StageOne Family Theatre Insider Tips
- StageOne is generous enough to offer Kentucky students reduced price and sometimes free tickets.
- During any given season, StageOne’s professional actors perform for well over 100,000 young people, their families, and teachers statewide across Kentucky and Southern Indiana, with each production tailored for a specific age group.
- In addition to performances, StageOne Members with Family or Individual Passes can enjoy exclusive access to their family-friendly movie series.
- Accessibility - The Kentucky Center offers wheelchair access on every seating and parking level. They also offer an Assistive Listening System which are Infrared hearing devices are available to provide hearing amplification for patrons in all venues of The Kentucky Center. PThese devices must be reserved in advance. Upon request, they can also provide Audio Description for selected performances and will enhance the theater experience for patrons who are blind or who have low vision. Describers provide a live, objective, descriptive delivery of the visual elements of a performance in between the dialogue via a small FM receiver. And finally, Caption Theater is available upon request for patrons who are deaf or hard of hearing for selected performances.