Atlanta's Star-Light Drive in Theatre is a real deal old fashioned drive in theatre, the only one that is left in the city. Its history goes all the way back to 1949 when it was opened as a massive one screen drive in. The theatre still holds true to the classic Art Deco style that was so popular back then but has updated it's facilities somewhat. Now there are four screens with digital projection and high quality sound.
Things to Do
- Every day of the week for 365 days of the year the Star-Light Drive In shows movies to the public, unless very bad weather forces them to cancel. As long as its a clear night though there are two movies shown on each of the four screens. So drive up your car into one of the spaces, get comfortable and enjoy a long night of movies!
- Every Saturday and Sunday from 7am until 3 pm the Theatre hosts a public swap meet. Parking for the event is free and you only have to pay 25 cents to enter.
Starlight Six Drive-In Theatre Insider Tips
- Kids aged nine and under are granted entrance for a dollar.
- There is a snack bar at the theatre which serves, nachos, soda, popcorn and all the usual cinema snacks, so don't worry that you will be without your favorite treats! There are a few coupons for the Theatre's snack bar on their website.
- You can get out of your car and set up deck chairs as long as you remain within your parking space. Also remember that once the movies start you cannot change screen even if you don't like the film you chose!