Stearns Wharf is a pier in Santa Barbara's harbor that used to be one of the most important passenger and freight shipping areas in Southern California. Today it is one of the city's most famous landmarks as well as one of its most popular tourist attractions, and features shops, restaurants, and local cruises. If you're visiting Santa Barbara, it's a place you simply must explore for an hour or two with your family.
Things to Do
- Go shopping! Stearns Wharf is home to a wide variety of specialty shops, including a toy store, a candy company, and a clothing store. See the full list of shops here.
- Tour the area by water with Celebration Cruises - they offer daily cruises in a passenger yacht, including whale watching cruises between mid-February and mid-May. You can also go for a shorter ride in their water taxi!
- Grab a bite to eat at one of the wharf's restaurants - they provide dishes such as fish and chips, burgers, and crab.
Stearns Wharf Insider Tips
- Have a delicious dinner at The Harbor Restaurant, a Santa Barbara landmark that combines breathtaking ocean views with fresh seafood and steaks.
- If your child loves marine life, take them to the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Sea Center located at Stearns Wharf, which features interactive exhibits and animal interactions.
- Enjoy a ride on the Santa Barbara Water Taxi, a smiling boat that costs just $1 for children and $5 for adults between the wharf and Santa Barbara Harbor.