The Stepping Stones Children's Museum in Norwalk, CT is a great spot to keep young minds and hands busy. There is a lovely variety of innovative and classic activities for young children to explore and enjoy. The museum is very charming and features an outdoor play space as well as the inside areas of exploration.
The museum is divided up into five segments each stimulating the senses of young children and encouraging their sense of wonder and endless inquiry. The possibilities are endless for imaginative play in an immaculate and vibrant environment.
Things to Do
- Play with the large foam blocks in the Celebration Room which doubles as a perfect rental space for parties and events.
- Check out the mesmerizing Colorcoaster, a fascinating 27 foot structure which exemplifies color, gravity, energy and motion.
- Explore the powerful area, Express Yourself, which focuses on social and emotional growth and learning.
- Stroll through the lush community garden
- Jump into the architecture and builder roles in the Build It room. There are so many fun and inventive ways to play.
Stepping Stones Children's Museum Insider Tips
- Check for discount deals like groupons for this museum
- I would suggest visiting during the week if your can, as Saturdays tend to be more crowded
- There is a wet room at the museum, so you might want to bring a change of clothing with you just in case the plastic aprons provided don't do the trick.
- If you think that you will be returning more than twice per year, the best value would be to purchase the membership. $15 per person seemed a little high for the day but the membership would keep you coming back.