Looking for something to do on a nice day in and around Los Angeles? The Steve Ambriz Memorial Park in Orange is just over half an hour southeast of downtown Los Angeles. The park covers over 10 acres of land and is recommended for families with young children thanks to the large number of different age-appropriate activities and amenities for the little ones and the not-so-little ones.
Whether you feel like going along to let the kids run around and play or you'd prefer to play sports with them, you should certainly think about making your way to Steve Ambriz Memorial Park. Even if you don't feel like doing anything, you can have a fantastic time relaxing here!
Things to Do
- Children aged between 2 and 12 can head along to the tot-lot where they can play on the swings, whoosh down the slides, or act like little monkeys as they climb on the huge number of climbing structures. The play areas are also covered so there's less risk from the sun. That said, you should still consider bringing along appropriate sun protection on sunny days.
- Have a picnic in the park. You can either bring a blanket and sit down in a green area or reserve the picnic pavilion in the park. The pavilion features 6 tables for up to 48 guests and is subject to reservation.
- Play tennis in the park. If any of your family love tennis then make sure you reserve the tennis court for a few games, sets, or even matches! If you prefer shooting hoops, there is also a basketball court in the park.
- Stretch your legs by taking a walk around the park.
Steve Ambriz Memorial Park Insider Tips
- Trying to avoid the crowds? The early bird catches the worm and those that head along to the Steve Ambriz Memorial Park early enjoy a quieter experience in the park.