Stone Mountain Park covers a massive 3,200 acre site which is home to a great number of attractions. Here you will find not one but two championship golf courses, elaborate obstacle courses for kids, a cable car which runs to the top of Stone Mountain and a five mile long scenic railroad. The Mountain itself is an impressive sight that reaches an elevation of 1,686 feet at its highest point. Carved into the side of this grand Mountain is the largest bas-relief in the world which depicts Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis. If you are looking to stay you can camp or spend the night in one of two Marriott Hotels.
Things to Do
- The Lasershow Spectacular in Mountainvision is the longest running lasershow in the world. It features an incredible array of lights and lasers which illuminate the mountain side and dazzle the audience, all set to a playlist of popular songs.
- Tickets are available for a VIP seating area which claims to give the best view of the show, though you are just as welcome to bring a blanket and a few camping chairs and watch it all for free! That is once you have paid for parking of course......
- Apart from all the fun attractions dotted around the park this is still a green area which is home to a great amount of beautiful nature. You can enjoy that nature whilst hiking along one of the park's trails or by walking up Stone Mountain itself.
- If you enjoy golf you can take in the surrounding beauty on one of the two golf courses. You can fish, bike or simply have a relaxing lunch at one of the park's picnic areas.
Stone Mountain Park Insider Tips
- Online you will find an interactive map that gives an overview of the entire Park. Also on the same page are maps of the campground, the park's major attractions and of their Snow Mountain winter event.
- Parking is $10 a day. There is an annual pass available for $35.