Story Time Bookshop is a community bookshop in Buffalo, New York. It is focused on sharing the fun of reading with the public, which it does by selling used books for both children and adults, as well as organizing story times, book-themed birthday parties, and book clubs for young readers. It's a wonderful place to visit whether you just want to peruse the shelves for a cheap book or stay for story time with one of their energetic readers.
Things to Do
- Visit the bookshop and look for fun books to read with your child. Since they sell previously owned books, you'll get a better deal than when you visit a traditional bookstore.
- Take your little one to Babies & Books on Friday and Saturday mornings at 10:00, when children under 3 can enjoy a story, songs, and puppets in the shop.
- Let them help you build your own book club! They'll provide you with the book and an activity sheet, then once everyone has read the book you can meet and discuss it with friends and family and pick up a free book from the shop's shelves.
Story Time Bookshop Insider Tips
- If you plan to take your child to Story Time events often, consider taking advantage of their deal that allows you to purchase 5 classes for $20, which will save you $5.
- Children between the ages of 3 and 5 are welcome to attend Wee Read, where they can listen to a story from the comfort of the Very Hungry Caterpillar blanket, while those in Kindergarten and 1st grade can attend Story Time Kids, where they'll read excerpts from chapter books.
- Have your bookworm's next birthday party at the bookshop - their party package is perfect for small groups of children between the ages of 3 and 6, and includes crafts, songs, and games. Best of all, each child gets to bring a free book home as a party favor.