No bird lover should miss this attraction when visiting the Tampa Bay area. The Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary is the largest bird sanctuary and hospital in the country and has been helping injured birds for over four decades. The mission of the sanctuary is to rehabilitate injured birds and release them back into nature.
Visitors can learn more about the birds treated at the sanctuary thank to the display areas that feature some of the birds that were badly injured and have been offered a permanent home at the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary.
Things to Do
- The Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary provides children and adults with a variety of education presentations. These include after-school program and summer camps that allow anyone to learn more about the habitats of the local birds.
- Become a member of the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary to help the existing and new birds. Some of the membership benefits include an annual membership card, 10% discount on all gift shop items, and VIP invitation to the special events organized by the sanctuary.
- The sanctuary allows visitors and members to adopt a bird, which you can visit any time you wish.
Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary Insider Tips
- Group presentations often require a reservation.
- Admission to the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary is free of charge, but donations are welcome.
- The Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary has a gift shop where you can purchase various souvenirs. All funds go towards bird care.