Sunday River Ski Resort is one of the most popular ski resorts in Maine and one of the largest in New England. It contains an impressive 135 trails and 5 terrain parks that can be explored by skiing and snowboarding aficionados of all ages. Other winter activities include ice skating, snow tubing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling. When the snow melts away for the season, visitors can enjoy a wide range of summer activities as well, including zipline tours, mountain biking, disc golf, white water rafting, boating, fishing, and nature walks.
Things to Do
- Explore the Who-Ville terrain park designed for children and families, which includes small jumps and banked turns that allow those new to skiing and snowboarding to practice their skills.
- Consider activities such as cross-country skiing and snowshoeing if your child doesn't feel ready to take to the slopes yet.
- Enjoy the thrill of snow tubing down the Sundance trail with your family or spend the evening ice skating on their lighted rink.
Sunday River Ski Resort Insider Tips
- Check out their activity guide, which includes fun summer activities like zip line tours, scenic lift rides, horseback riding, and a thrilling bungee trampoline.
- If you plan to spend the entire weekend at Sunday River, consider purchasing one of their travel packages that include lodging and skiing in order to save money.
- View their calendar to learn about special events held throughout the year, including music festivals, arts and crafts fairs, and all kinds of competitions.