Sunny Fields Park is a popular public park in the city of Solvang, California, which is located approximately 35 miles from Santa Barbara. It is known throughout the area for its popular playground, which features play structures that look like a Viking ship, a castle, medieval towers, and a gingerbread house, as well as tons of other fun features for climbing, swinging, sliding, balancing, and playing. It also has a special play area for toddlers, picnic tables and grills, a walking path, and sports fields. If you have a young child who loves to explore new playgrounds, this park is a must-visit attraction.
Things to Do
- Take your child to the playground, where they can sail a Viking ship, peek out from castle towers, and pretend they're baking cookies in a gingerbread house.
- Watch your child as they fly down the tube slide, scale the kid-friendly rock climbing wall, or glide through the air on the swings.
- Visit the toddler area if you have a little one - they'll love its spring rides that look like animals, baby swings, and little playhouses.
- Don't miss the playground's obstacle course, bridges, rings, and monkey bars!
Sunny Fields Park Insider Tips
- Have a picnic in the park - there are plenty of tables, as well as picnic areas with old-fashioned barbecues that adults will enjoy using.
- You can get a bit of exercise by going for a short walk on the path around the sports field.
- Make sure to bring along sunscreen and a hat since there aren't many shady areas in the park.
- Bring along a kite to fly on a windy day, or a soccer ball or frisbee to play with on the park's grassy fields.