Create this fun and friendly Fall themed owl out of pine cones and acorns. Children of all ages will love collecting the materials for their sweet little owls that they will be crafting. Allow them to pick a variety of items to choose from or to make more than one adorable creatures. The shapes of the pine cones and the placement of the accessories will add individualized character traits to each crafty owl.
- 2 acorn tops
- A medium pine cone
- 2 leaves
- Hot glue gun
- Googly eyes
- Orange craft foam
- Sticky backed craft felt
- Small circle of heavy card stock
How to Make It
- Cut your circle of card stock to the same size as the flat end of your pine cone.
- Cut a circle of sticky backed craft felt to match the size of the card stock circle and stick it to the bottom of the card stock.
- Cut a beak and two feet out of the orange craft foam
- Glue the orange feet to the flat base of the pine cone.
- Use a hot glue gun to glue the base of the pine cone to the circle of card stock, so that it will stand upright when dry.
- Glue one googly eye inside each acorn shell, and then glue the acorn shells near the top third of the pine cone.
- Glue the two leaves on either side of the cone to make Fall themed wings. The more colorful that they are, the better!
- Finally glue the beak in place below the eyes.