Tucked in the southern side of Memphis, T.O. Fuller State Park is a hidden gem. The park has more than 1100 acres of forest land and plains. It is an ideal destination for hikers, bird watchers, campers, and families going for a picnic.
Things to Do
- Thinking of going outdoors this weekend? The park has 45 campsites suitable for tent or RV campers. Facilities such as grill, water and electrical hook-ups, bathhouse, and laundry area are all provided in the campsites. All campsites are located in shaded areas. Best to call ahead for reservations.
- Bring the family on a hot, summer day for a dip in the Olympic-sized pool. Children aged 4 and above are allowed to enter the pool area. A separate admission fee is required for swimming but campers get a half price discount.
- Go on a picnic. There are 35 tables all around the park with access to grill and electric outlets. For group gatherings, check out the park shelters which can accommodate a large number of people.
- Explore over 8miles of hiking trails. Trails are classified as moderate to rugged so make sure to come prepared with the proper clothing and bring plenty of water. Use the Discovery Trail to traverse through wetlands or choose the Nature Enhancement Area trail which passes through paved paths.
T.O. Fuller State Park Insider Tips
- Take the Interstate going to the park to avoid going through several neighborhoods.