The Tampa Museum of Art is a popular art museum in downtown Tampa. The museum is located in a beautiful modern building that is considered to be a work of art itself due to its unique architectural style which combines fiber optic color-changing lights, aluminum, and glass. Inside, visitors can view a diverse collection of artwork which has a special emphasis on modern and contemporary art as well as antiquities. If you're looking for a cultural institution to visit with your family in Tampa, it's a great place to visit.
Things to Do
- Explore the modern and contemporary art collection, which includes paintings by notable artists such as Sylvia Mangold and Rockwell Kent as well as photographs by Chuck Close and Berenice Abbott.
- View the many fascinating artifacts that come from the Ancient Greek and Roman cultures, including beautiful Greek vases, marble figurines, and impressive bronze statues.
- Take your child to the museum on Saturday mornings for Art Spot, a free program that invites children and their families to create works of art together that are inspired by pieces in the museum.
Tampa Museum of Art Insider Tips
- Check out the museum's calendar in order to learn about upcoming events you can attend, including lectures, family programs, and special exhibits.
- Visit the museum on one of its many Family Days each year, which include fun family activities and special guided tours.
- If you think your child might get bored in the museum, pick up a free gallery activity card for them to complete that will encourage them to take an interest in the artwork.