A short distance from Louisville lies Taylorsville Lake State Park, a locale that will delight camping, horseback riding and boating enthusiasts.
The park boasts 1200 acres of scenic horse riding trails along with dozens of RV camping sites, 10 equestrian camping sites, and 15 sites for tents. The lake provides plenty of water-related, recreational activities for the whole family.
Campers will find plenty of useful facilities, including two bathhouses, a centrally located refuse station, and two playgrounds to entertain the children.
Things to Do
- Take advantage of the site's 16 miles of trails by hiking, mountain biking or horseback riding.
- Rent any number of boats, tubes or water skis for a fun day on the lake.
- Bring your fishing pole for a chance at catching some bass, bluegill or crappie.
- Camping -The park boasts 45 spacious RV sites with electric & water hook-ups, 10 equestrian sites plus 15 primitive tent sites with water available.
- Boat Rentals - rent a pontoon, deck boat or fishing boat rental with daily rates.
- The Lake Marina also has easy access gas pumps, bait shop, skiing, tubing, boating and fishing supplies in the marina store with a full service deli.
Taylorsville Lake State Park Insider Tips
- Camp sites have laundry facilities and electric and water hook-ups.
- Two playgrounds conveniently located for children & two bathhouses with laundry facilities in each.
- A centrally located dump station is available for RV use. Reservations are permitted but are not necessary.
- Parkk Grounds are open all year, and the campgrounds are open April 1 - December 15.