Love natural history and Science? Would like to dig some fossils? Visit the Tellus Science Museum in Cartersville, GA with your family, the science museum has an amazing display of minerals and gems and dinosaur fossil. There is so much to see, explore and do at the museum for families and children, the museum also houses a planetarium and an observatory with a telescope. Night at the museum is a special event showing popular science fiction characters. The museum is open to tours everyday, museum members get free admission.
Things to Do
- Visit the science museum and see the mineral gallery featuring exquisite and sparkling gems and minerals.
- See gigantic dinosaur fossils in the fossil gallery, see a giant Tyrannosaurus fossil, see the fossil of a giant shark that lived millions of years ago in the seas.
- Children can play and explore in the big backyard exhibit, kids can do light and sound experiments and work with magnets.
- Toddlers can play in the interactive garden, do races, play with magnets, learn about weather, play and explore.
- Little scientist of yours can dig for fossils and pan gems in the fossil dig, dig the sand for fossils including sharks and dinosaurs.
- See interesting science presentations at the planetarium, take a tour to the solar system or learn about volcanic eruptions.
- Visit the cafe to enjoy a variety of snacks and drinks, buy souvenirs, gifts and jewelry made of natural gems at the store.
Tellus Museum Insider Tips
- If you bring snacks you can eat them in the picnic pavilion.