Tempe Beach Park is a public park located in Tempe, Arizona, just a short drive from Phoenix. It sits alongside the beautiful Tempe Town Lake, a reservoir in a Salt River riverbed. The park features 5 miles of multi-use paths, picnic tables, and an amphitheater used for concerts and festivals.
Families wanting to take advantage of Arizona's beautiful climate should head to Tempe Beach Park to enjoy a day together in the great outdoors doing fun activities like cycling, fishing, boating, and in-line skating around a gorgeous lake.
Things to Do
- Relax in a boat on Tempe Town Lake - the reservoir can be used for activities such as boating and paddle boarding as well as fishing.
- Go for a family walk or bike ride around Tempe Town Lake using its 5 miles of trails. The trails are also great for in-line skating!
- Escape the scorching Arizona heat at Tempe Beach Park's Splash Playground in the summertime! The popular attraction allows children to run around and play in the water as they learn about the water cycle. There are tons of fun features for young ones, including toy whales they can ride and a flower shower.
Tempe Beach Park Insider Tips
- Bring along a picnic if you're planning to spend the day at the park - there are plenty of picnic tables available.
- If you're planning on fishing at Tempe Town Lake, make sure to get an Arizona fishing license before you arrive. The reservoir is regularly stocked with rainbow trout each winter, and is also home to species like catfish, bluegills, and largemouth bass.
- Check online to see if any special events are going on during your visit to Tempe Beach Park, as it often hosts festivals and other family-friendly events.