Ten Chimneys is the house of broad way legends Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne that was built in 1915, the house is a 20th century landmark offering inspirational house tours May through November. The beautiful house and estate is located in Genesee depot in the town of Genesee, Wisconsin. The estate name comes from the number of chimneys on the grounds, the estate includes a large house, a cottage, a pool, green house, barns, and stables. The property is well-preserved and open to public tours.
Things to Do
- Tour the beautiful historic house and estate that shares the story and personal lives of the broad way actors Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne.
- Tours are led by docents taking you through the main house, the studio, the cottage, the gardens, pool house, green house, and creamery.
- Most of the furnishings and interior is authentic and well-preserved in the house, there are furniture, artifacts, photographs, mementos and personal collection.
- A permanent exhibition in the program center lets you get an insight into the Lunt-Fonatnne theater.
- If a visitor has difficulty with touring the whole estate, they can also take the house only tour.
- Visit the museum store and shop for books, souvenirs, and gifts.
Ten Chimneys Insider Tips
- Reservations are recommended for tours.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.