Tennessee Central Railway Museum is a non-profit facility that preserves the history of the rail road in Tennessee, the railroad museum is located in Nashville, Tennessee. This museum preserves and restores the historic railroad equipment, it features diesel-electric locomotives, and several rail cars and engines. The museum displays railroad artifacts, memorabilia, photographs, model trains, and other items at the gift shop. The museum operates historic trains, excursions take you through beautiful sites of Tennessee. Visiting the Railway Museum is a thrilling experience for the children, you can visit the museum Monday through Saturday.
Things to Do
- Visit the museum to see historic collection of passenger cars, cabooses, and other locomotives, or enjoy a train ride in one of the excursion trains.
- The air-conditioned train with large windows and comfortable seating takes you across different spots in Tennessee, train has round trips to Watertown, Cookeville, and Lebanon.
- Day out with Thomas is a kid favorite, it is a 25 minutes train ride which offers many kid-friendly activities and meeting with Sir Topham Hatt.
- Day out with Thomas has many on-site activities, such as arts and crafts, story-telling, tattoos, and other Thomas-themed activities.
- All train rides have special themes, such as, train robberies, music and other reenactments. Regular and first class seating are available.
- Snacks and souvenirs are available for purchase on board. The Hobby shop in the museum sells special model trains.
Tennessee Central Railway Museum Insider Tips
- Food and drinks from outside are not allowed.
- Can be challenging for people with mobility issues.