Terrapin Adventures is an outdoor recreation facility located in Savage, Maryland, just under 30 minutes southwest of Baltimore by car. It specializes in aerial adventures that use a giant swing and a zip line in addition to providing visitors with a ropes course and a climbing tower.
If your family loves spending time outdoors but one of your kids is afraid of heights, consider taking one of Terrapin Adventures' many tours instead! Their experienced guides will take you on an outdoor adventure that involves a fun activity like kayaking, biking, backpacking, caving, or river tubing.
Things to Do
- If you have kids between the ages of 5 and 9, take them to the Terrapin Explorer Kids Course! This fun, kid-friendly ropes course has 22 different elements that allow them to crawl, swing, climb, walk, balance, and fly across zip lines in a safe environment.
- Go on an Aerial Adventure - the whole family will have a blast as they glide through the forest on a zip line at speeds up to 20 mph and fly through the air on a giant swing that reaches nearly 40 feet high!
- Take one of the exciting outdoor trips and tours offered by Terrapin Adventures if heights aren't your thing - you can choose from a long list of activities such as caving, river tubing, stargazing and geocaching!
Terrapin Adventures Insider Tips
- Visitors often have difficulty finding Terrapin Adventures since GPS systems tend to lead them astray - make sure to use the specific directions listed on their website's Directions page in order to make it there without any problems.
- Have your next family reunion or birthday party at Terrapin Adventures - they offer a number of fun party packages that feature everything from a treasure hunt that ends with a cupcake party to an adventurous olympics course!
- Check the Events page of their website to learn about fun events taking place throughout the year as well as special discounts that may be available during your visit.