The Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame is a museum in Forth Worth, Texas that honors over 125 of the state's finest cowboys and cowgirls. Its exhibits include a special area for each honoree to display personal memorabilia, as well as historical collections and a hands-on exhibit where children can learn all about cowboy-related activities.
Visitors of all ages will be captivated by its fascinating collections of wagons, bits and cowboy artifacts! If your family is interested in learning more about the history of cowboys and wagons in Texas, then the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame is a must-visit attraction.
Things to Do
- Visit the Exploratorium, a hands-on exhibit where children can learn how a cowboy would pack his horse and what supplies would be necessary for a trail drive, as well as why branding was important.
- Explore the popular Chisholm Trail Exhibit, where you can learn about this important trail that was used throughout the 1800s to drive cattle all the way from Texas to Kansas.
- Don't miss the Sterquell Wagon Collection, the world's largest collection of lifestyle wagons! It features over 60 wagons, sleighs, and buggies that will make you feel as if you've been transported back in time.
Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame Insider Tips
- Take advantage of their family admission discount - 2 adults with up to 4 children between the ages of 5 and 12 can enter the museum for just $15!
- Have a fun family photo taken in the Jersey Lilly Old-Time Photo Parlor, where you can use their western-themed costumes and props in front of an Old West background to create a souvenir you'll cherish for years.
- Check out their Events page to learn about exciting upcoming events you might want to attend with your family.