The Art Museum at the University of Kentucky is a free attraction in Lexington, Kentucky. Located on the University of Kentucky campus, the museum contains an impressive collection of artwork, including paintings, sculptures, photography, modern art, and decorative art. It also frequently hosts special tours, lectures, and workshops that allow visitors to learn more about the artists and works represented in the museum. If you have an hour or two to spare in Lexington, consider stopping by to view its beautiful artwork.
Things to Do
- Explore the modern and contemporary art collection, which contains pieces by renowned artists such as Chuck Close, Roy Lichtenstein, and Gino Severini.
- View the beautiful photography collection, including works by Ansel Adams and Cindy Sherman.
- Head outdoors to see the museum's outdoor sculpture collection, including Road Snake, a steel snake that is sure to fascinate children and adults alike!
The Art Museum at the University of Kentucky Insider Tips
- Make sure to bring along your camera in order to take a photograph of Sylvan, a colorful 18 foot-tall outdoor sculpture, and Stone Bench with Great Raven, which features an incredibly lifelike bronze sculpture of a raven.
- View their calendar to learn about upcoming lectures, tours, and workshops you can attend with your family.
- If you'd like to learn about the museum's current exhibitions before your visit, you can read all about them on their website.