Take a stroll down historical memory lane and learn about the industrial and technological history of Baltimore at the Baltimore Museum of Industry. The museum is separated into sections detailing different types of industry such as cannery,bakery, paint manufacturing, printing press, grocery and clothing industry and more. This nostalgic museum focuses on the workers in various industries and really brings the past to life for all ages.
Things to Do
- Examine the exhibit of "Firsts" which is focused on inventions and innovations.
- Take either a self guided tour or a guided tour or both through the museum
- Every week (seasonally from May thru October) there is a Farmer's Market to enjoy from 9am-1pm on Saturdays. They also highlight 6 of those Saturdays as family days and offer kid friendly events, games, crafts and giveways.
- Explore the library and archives with an appointment
- Enjoy a lecture
- Weekly preschool programs and School Trips
- Host or attend a catered event on beautiful patio overlooking the harbor
The Baltimore Museum of Industry Insider Tips
- Definitely take advantage of the guided tour that is available free with your visit, as you are more likely to see demonstrations and a history of Baltimore which you would not normally see on your self guided journey.
- Onsite Parking is free and ample.
- This museum offers a military discount.
- I think that this museum is more suited for the older school aged child and above. I would steer my visit to the family centered events that are offered which would add some flair or the youngest ones might be a little bored, as there are not a lot of hands on activities to keep them occupied.