The Berry Patch is Missouri's largest blueberry grower. From early on they have offered their fields to the public to come and pay to pick the delicious berries. This is just one of a bunch of activities at the farm that makes it a wonderful day trip out for families, especially if they have young children.
Things to Do
- Bring along your kids to show them how that food doesn't just magically appear on their plate. Having them pick their own food can act as an excellent lesson on agriculture, hard work and respecting nature and the world around them. It can also be a lot of fun too! Though the picking is only available from June until September you can come any time of the year to buy frozen blueberries.
- Other things to do at the farm once you have had your fill of the picking include a kid's zip line and playground along with educational trail tours and tours of the blueberry and strawberry farms. Bring along a picnic to munch on in their picnic area or sample some of their fine food products which they have on sale too!
- The Berry Patch's guide for first timers includes lots of helpful tips on how to make the most out of your visit. It also includes a few delicious recipes and ideas of how you can make a mouth-watering treat once you are don pickin'.
The Berry Patch Insider Tips
- Before you visit you should check out their Picking Report to see what days are good to come and collect some juicy blueberries. Picking times vary greatly from farm to farm so be sure that you are going along at a good time to avoid disappointment!
- Remember to wear comfortable shoes and if it is a hot day to apply sunscreen and wear a hat too; you will be working out in the fields after all.