Owned by children’s book illustrator and author Peter H. Reynolds (Judy Moody, The Dot), this book/toy store has a top selection, plus occasional story hours and special events. This is a unique little shop in historic Dedham, MA. And though she’s not blue, Lizzie the rabbit does indeed reside in the backroom.
Things to Do
- The Blue Bunny Books and Toys offers favorite children’s books, art supplies, toys, puppets, greeting cards, fine art, creativity workshops for all ages, and much more... including signed books, prints and original artwork by Blue Bunny Books and Toys co-owner, children's book author/illustrator Peter H. Reynolds!
- Enjoy preschool story time at the store. Blue Bunny Preschool Storytimes take place on Mondays and Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. Stories and a simple craft, drop-in, Ages, 2-5, FREE, all welcome.
- The Blue Bunny Books and Toys' Workshop room is available for rent to art teachers or other instructors or groups looking for a fun inspiring atmosphere to get creative. Available for one-time use or on a regular basis.
- Participate in one of their scheduled Family game nights. Demo games are set up throughout the store and available for all to play. Refreshments are served, all welcome. Check their events schedule for more info.
- The store regularly hosts author meet & greets including Peter Reynolds himself!
Blue Bunny Books & Toys Insider Tips
- Join the famous Blue Bunny Book Club - $25.00 sends a book w/ bookmark, pencil and signed greeting from Peter H. Reynolds anywhere in the world. The 3-month club for sends 3 books over 6 months. or you can upgrade to send a book every month of the year. You can choose your favorite books, or let the staff help.
- The store regularly posts "recommended titles" on their website. Check it for the latest & greatest in children's literature.
- Blue Bunny also features Book Club reviews on a number of children's books. The reviews are all written and posted by children who frequent the store.
Things to Do
- The Blue Bunny has a great range of stock which you can check out when you come and visit. Perhaps most special if your child is a fan of his writing is their series of original, signed artwork and prints from Peter H. Reynolds. If you live too far away to make the trip then they have an online storewhere you can buy everything that is in-store.
- The Blue Bunny has a Books and Toys Workshop room. This is where they host their creativity workshops, where they have storytimes and it can also be rented for birthday parties and other school events.
- As a prompt to budding writers and illustrators Peter H. Reynolds has put his own tips together as a guide on the Blue Bunny's website. He also has a piece on eight tips for creative publishing.
- The store is closed on Sundays.