The Blue Bunny Bookstore specialises in children's books and literature. It was founded in 2003 by best-selling children's author and illustrator Peter H. Reynolds. Since its foundation it has offered books, toys, arts and crafts supplies, puppets, greeting cards and events to the children of Boston.
Things to Do
- The Blue Bunny has a great range of stock which you can check out when you come and visit. Perhaps most special if your child is a fan of his writing is their series of original, signed artwork and prints from Peter H. Reynolds. If you live too far away to make the trip then they have an online store where you can buy everything that is in-store.
- The Blue Bunny has a Books and Toys Workshop room. This is where they host their creativity workshops, where they have storytimes and it can also be rented for birthday parties and other school events.
The Blue Bunny Bookstore Insider Tips
- As a prompt to budding writers and illustrators Peter H. Reynolds has put his own tips together as a guide on the Blue Bunny's website. He also has a piece on eight tips for creative publishing.
- If your kids are avid readers or you want to encourage them to pick up books more often you could sign up to the Blue Bunny Birthday Book Club. For one month, three months, six months or a full year you can sign up and receive a book once a month which comes with a bookmark, a pencil and a signed greeting from Paul Reynolds. If you want more help getting the right book for your kid check out the Blue Bunny's staff picks.
- The store is closed on Sundays.