The Chocolate Bar is exactly what its name implies - a bar that specializes in chocolate treats of all shapes and sizes. Recently featured on the Food Network, The Chocolate Bar is one of Houston's most popular attractions due to its inviting menu of desserts.
In addition to providing visitors with a seemingly endless list of mouth-watering chocolate treats, The Chocolate Bar also makes a number of tempting desserts, such Aunt Etta's four-layered cake that comes in slices bigger than your head. If you're more of an ice cream fan, they also have several delicious homemade flavors such as Triple Decadence, Toffee Coffee Time, and Creamy Dreamy Truffle.
Things to Do
- It goes without saying that The Chocolate Bar is a place to visit with an appetite. Try one of their huge pieces of homemade chocolate cake and you won't be disappointed.
- If you're looking for something unique to eat, try the Texas Frito Brittle. It is made from Frito corn chips, pretzel sticks, and pecans covered in milk chocolate. There's also a chocolate pizza on the menu!
- For those who prefer a cold dessert that can be sipped from a cup, try the European Sipping Chocolate blended with ice. If you don't have as much of a sweet tooth as your kids, you can also try one of their gourmet coffees or espresso drinks.
The Chocolate Bar Insider Tips
- The Chocolate Bar actually has two locations in Houston! If you're closer to the Rice Village area, you can instead stop by The Chocolate Bar at 2521 University Blvd, which operates on the same time schedule as the River Oaks location on West Alabama.
- Check the bar's events page to see if they have anything planned during your visit - they generally have weekly live music events one night each week, as well as special events for major holidays.
- Do you know a "chocoholic" who would love having their birthday party at The Chocolate Bar? If so, you're in luck, since it offers party packages designed especially for kids under 12, adults, and those whose dream is to have a "Make Your Own Chocolate Bar" Party! They can also make party favors for your next event, whether it's a wedding or a bar mitzvah.