Make a teacup vanish before your audience's eyes with this masterful illusion.This magic trick requires a little bit of preparation and a trustworthy partner to carry it out properly. Practice this trick ahead of time before performing it and you are certain to wow the crowd with your divine magic powers.
- An old teacup and saucer ( if you don't have an inexpensive one to spare, find one at a second hand shop)
- A pencil
- A piece of cars stock paper
- A partner
- A paper napkin
How to Do It
- Trace the rim of your cup onto the card stock with your pencil.
- Cut out the circle with your scissors.
- Glue the bottom of the teacup to the center of the saucer and allow to dry.
- Place the cars stock paper circle in the center of the paper napkin and glue it in place.
To Perform the Trick
- Ask your partner to carefully bring you the cup and saucer, walking slowly so as not to drop the teacup.
- Unfold the paper napkin and show the blank side of it to your audience.
- Place the napkin over top of the teacup with the card stock circle over top of the mouth of the cup.
- Reveal to the audience that your hands are completely empty.
- As you pretend to lift the cup off of the saucer, lift the napkin bu the edges of the cardboard cutout that the audience cannot see.
- Simultaneously, as you are lifting the napkin, your partner should tilt the saucer inward toward his or her body so as to not reveal the teacup.
- Have your partner walk away while keeping the cup from view.
- The audience thinks that you are holding the teacup by the rim b/c of the card stock.
- Reply that you aren't terribly thirsty at the moment and quickly bring your hands together and crumble up the napkin, making it look like you have crushed the cup.