Try the Disappearing Toothpick Trick and find yourself wowing your family and friends again and again. This magic activity takes a little practice in a mirror before performing it but with a minimal amount of practice and supplies, this trick is guaranteed to leave audiences of all ages quite perplexed.
How to Do It
- Start by adding a small piece of tape across one end of a toothpick.
- Carefully tape the toothpick to the back of your thumb.
- Hold the toothpick so that it looks like you are holding it in your hands. When you bend your thumb down the toothpick should stick up. Practice this in front of a mirror a few times to perfect hiding that it is taped to your thumb.
- With a magician's touch quickly swipe the other hand over the tooth picked hand. This draws the attention of the viewer to your moving hand rather than the toothpick.
- Hold both of your hands palms out to show that you do not have the toothpick. Be careful not to show the back of your thumb where the toothpick is taped.