The Discovery Center is a children's science education center located in Fresno, California. It features a wide variety of hands-on exhibits that encourage children to learn about science, explore, and investigate. Its exhibits focus on topics such as space, paleontology, electricity, magnets, Native American cultures, music, and nature. Children can also meet live animal ambassadors and explore outdoor attraction in the museum's over 5-acre park, including a pond, a barn, and a maze!
Things to Do
- Visit Walden Pond, where children can catch and release small animals like fish, turtles, crayfish, tadpoles, and frogs with nets in order to examine them up close.
- Learn about new cultures by visiting the Miwok bark houses that were built by members of the Miwok tribe and looking at the displays of Native American baskets and artifacts inside the museum.
- Take your little one to the Egyptian-themed outdoor maze - parents can supervise from a raised platform.
- Be amazed by the giant whisper dishes - if one person stands in each dish, you'll be able to hear each other despite the distance between you due to the fascinating science of amplification.
The Discovery Center Insider Tips
- If you have a budding scientist in the family, consider having a science-themed birthday party at The Discovery Center! Their party package includes two hours in the birthday room, plus plenty of time to visit the museum and play in the park.
- Help feed the animals! Between noon and 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays, visitors are welcome to come help feed the animals, such as turtles, ducks, and iguanas.
- Don't miss the chance to take your child's photo with the giant metal T-rex and Pteranodon, located on the west side of the park.