The Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum, also known as "The Discovery", is a hands-on museum in Reno, Nevada. It features a wide range of exhibits that focus on educating the public about science, technology, art, math, engineering, and the environment through fun activities. It also provide all kinds of exciting events and programs for children and families, including summer camps, teen nights, and holiday celebrations.
Things to Do
- Explore the Cloud Climber exhibit, which teaches visitors about the water cycle as they climb a three-story climbing structure!
- Learn about art and science in Da Vinci's Corner, which features all kinds of exciting hands-on experiments.
- Create your own invention in Spark!Lab Smithsonian, an exhibit that focuses on the history of innovation.
- Take your little one to Little Discoveries, where infants and toddlers can play in a kid-sized mine tunnel and do a giant puzzle.
The Discovery Insider Tips
- Take your little one to Small Wonder Wednesday, a weekly event for children 5 and under that includes storytime and the chance to explore the museum for an hour before it opens to the public.
- Check their calendar to find out about special activities, discounted admission dates, and interactive animal experiences.
- Save money by visiting the museum after 4:00 p.m. on Wednesdays, when admission costs just $5 per person.