Go back in time and experience the finer things in life the Southern way. The Duke Mansion, built in 1915, was owned by James Buchanan Duke, a tobacco and electric industrialist. The mansion is now part of the country's National Register of Historic Places. The place has been transformed to an elegant bed and breakfast with 4.5 acres of manicured gardens. The colonial revival architecture of the place makes it a perfect venue for special events such as weddings and birthdays.
Things to Do
- Escape the city but be close enough to address your personal and business needs. The Duke Mansion is only 2 miles away from the town. Choose from the list and make a reservation for one of the 20 elegant rooms. All rooms are equipped with free WiFi connection, voice mail, and TV.
- Enjoy the Southern buffet breakfast that comes with the room rate. Get your serving of scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, muffins, and more.
- Read a book by the porch and enjoy the view of lush greenery especially if your room is located in the higher floors.
- Allot some hours for exercise and go to the fitness center. If you want to put a couple of hours more for running, run around the Myers Park neighborhood.
- The Duke Mansion's exquisite gardens and elaborate setting is a perfect backdrop for special events. Contact the event planners to learn more.
The Duke Mansion Insider Tips
- Pets are not allowed.
- Check the room location before booking. Some rooms have a conference room right across it and could be a little noisy.