The Ewing and Muriel Kauffman Memorial Garden is a beautiful 2-acre garden in Kansas City that is managed by Powell Gardens, a botanical garden in nearby Kingsville, Missouri. This free nature attraction consists of three distinct gardens filled with thousands of plants that can be explored via winding paths. If you're looking for a place where your family can go for a relaxing walk together while viewing nature, it's a must-see attraction.
Things to Do
- Visit the Green Garden, which is known for its pergola filled with seasonal flowers, its gorgeous octagonal pool, and its gardenias, which were the favorite flower of Mrs. Kauffman.
- Explore the orangery, a small section of the Green Garden that features palm trees and sweet-smelling seasonal plants.
- Go for a walk through the Secret Garden, which contains several beautiful water fountains.
The Ewing and Muriel Kauffman Memorial Garden Insider Tips
- Don't miss the Parterre Garden, which showcases numerous bronze sculptures by local artist Tom Corbin, as well as a long canal pool and rows of flowering crabapples.
- Make sure to stay on the brick paths as you explore the gardens.
- Bring along a camera so that you can take photos of the plants, flowers, and fountains in the gardens.
- If you're in Kansas City in late December, make sure to stop by the garden to see its popular Christmas display.