The Gardens at Gantz Farm is a public herb garden in Grove City, Ohio, which is about 10 minutes away from downtown Columbus by car. It is located within Gantz Park, a 27-acre nature area with tennis and basketball courts and a two-story barn that is used to hold youth activities. The gardens provide visitors with a unique perspective on horticulture over the ages as they explore its three distinct gardens. It's a great place for a relaxing with the entire family any season of the year.
Things to Do
- Explore the Garden of Yesterday, which features the types of herbs, fruits, and vegetables that would have been planted in the kitchen garden of an Ohio farm in the 1800s.
- Visit the Garden of Today, which is divided into several smaller gardens related to the purposes of the plants. See the herbs that make food delicious in the Culinary Garden, enjoy the scents of the plants in the Fragrance Garden that are used to make perfume, and learn about plants that can aid in the healing process in the Medicinal Garden.
- Don't miss the Garden of Tomorrow! Instead of focusing on the practical uses of the herbs, this garden uses them to create a beautiful landscape.
The Gardens at Gantz Farm Insider Tips
- Check out their Events page to learn about family programs and children's activities you can attend.
- Bring along a picnic lunch and enjoy a relaxing meal in the gardens - there's even a covered picnic area where you can sit in the shade.
- If the gardens aren't exciting enough for your child, stop by the playground in Gantz Park so they can burn off some energy.