If you and your family love art and history, you should consider having a day out in Stockton and visiting the Haggin Museum. The museum has been part of the Stockton landscape since 1931 and includes a number of fine collections of artistic and historic pieces. Over the years the museum has constantly expanded and added to its collection, making it a fantastic and fascinating destination for those with a variety of different interests.
Things to Do
- Learn more about the history of Stockton and the surrounding area by visiting the Pioneer Room and enjoying the fascinating gallery. The California Room is a great spot to learn about the history of the state as well as the rich Mexican and Spanish heritage of the area.
- Head to to Vehicle Gallery to see fire engines and a Jeep from the Second World War. There's also a beautiful tractor in the Holt Hall.
- If you'd prefer to take in some art, make sure you visit the museum's various galleries and art collections. There are two rooms dedicated to collections of American landscapes as well as a selection of impressionist pieces from the 19th century.
- If the weather's nice you should enjoy the grounds outside the museum as the park can be found in Victory Park and it's a beautiful spot to spend a day out.
- Be sure to learn more about the pieces and collections by asking the museum's knowledgeable and friendly staff.
The Haggin Museum Insider Tips
- If you're working to a budget or looking to save money, entry to the museum is free on the first Saturday of the month. However, the usual entry fee to the museum is very reasonable so don't worry too much if you can't make it along for one of the free days.