The trip to Henry Ford is a compilation of The Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village, and the Rouge Factory Tour. Prepare to be enthralled with the unparalleled collection of Americana and American history that awaits you at this destination. The museum is a true testament to the forward thinker that Henry Ford was and will marvel you with the engaging and interactive exhibits that explore everything from pop culture, to lovingly restored vehicles of all kinds and exhibits that focus on important American History.
Things to Do
- Henry Ford Museum: explore the must see exhibits some of which include With Liberty and Justice for All which depicts the proud and determined path to American freedom, Heroes of the Sky highlights the pioneers of aviation, Presidential Limousines, Made in America, Driving America Automotive Exhibition and much much more. There is also an enormous IMAX theater on site at the museum.
- Greenfield Village: Explore the historical homes and buildings that were brought there and dive back in time as you ride in a model T or model A car, ride the merry go round or an old fashioned bus.
- Rouge Factory Tour: Learn about the details of the auto industry by seeing the assembly, manufacturing, and way of life at the manufacturing plant and see what green manufacturing is all about all on an informative guided tour.
Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village Insider Tips
- Look for hotels in the area that offer a package that includes admission to Henry Ford, Rouge Factory Tour and Greenfield Village to save on your admission price.
- The museum itself is complete with ramps and wide pathways which makes it very wheelchair and stroller friendly.
- The Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village, and the Rouge Factory tour all require a separate admission fee. There is also a package that you can purchase for additional savings when you see all three.