The Iowa Children's Museum is a popular family attraction located in Coral Ridge Mall in Coralville, Iowa. Its hands-on educational exhibits focus on teaching young visitors about topics related to art, culture, healthy living, financial literacy, school readiness, and the STEM fields. It also offers daily "funtivities" and special family programs throughout the year, so you're sure to have a blast whenever you visit!
Things to Do
- Learn all about health and medicine while exploring the CityWorks Children's Hospital, which features an ambulance, an exam room, a nursery, and a dental clinic.
- Take your little one to ImaginAcres, a special area for children under the age of 5 where they can harvest vegetables, slide out of the barn, and dress up in animal costumes.
- Explore their impressive aviation exhibit, which features a real Cessna 150 and flight simulators built into kid-sized planes.
The Iowa Children's Museum Insider Tips
- Attend one of their free Nature Play programs, when the entire family can learn about science and nature together at a local park.
- Take your preschooler to Kinder Club, a 4-week program for children between the ages of 3 and 5 that focuses on early childhood skills.
- On the last Friday of the month, go to STEM Family Free Night, which focuses on learning about science, technology, engineering and math through unique challenges.