You will want to get your toothpicks ready for this very neat experiment. The miraculous movement of the Magic Toothpick Star will even marvel the child magician performing the trick. You may want to have extra toothpicks on hand for others in your family to try this trick because you will want to see this one again and again.
- 5 toothpicks ( few extra toothpicks for mishaps or to do this more than once)
- A straw, water dropper or pipette
- A glass of water
- A plate
How to Do It
- Carefully break each of the toothpicks in half without completely severing them ( they should still be attached but bent.
- Arrange the toothpicks in a star like shape that looks like a sunburst with all toothpicks symmetrically laid out with bent parts facing the center.
- Using your straw, pipette, or water dropper very slowly drop a couple of drops of water into the center of the star.
- Be careful not to add too many drops of water at once and watch the toothpicks move slowly into a new star shaped formation.