With over 40 million visitors a year The Mall of America is arguably the most famous and certainly one of the most impressive malls in the world. The complete complex is bigger than 7 Yankee Stadiums and inside are 520 stores, 50 restaurants, a theme park, a 14 screen mulit-plex cinema theatre and a flight simulation center it is unlikely you will be stuck for something to do here!
Things to Do
- Well first of all there are the shops. While it is not every parent's idea of a good time to drag their young kids around from store to store there are actually quite a few that kids should enjoy too.
- The LEGO store offers play tables where kids can exercise their creativity with the iconic building bricks.
- The Build-A-Bear Workshop is a cute and fun way to make a new toy for your child that puts them in control of making the bear their very own bear want.
- If you want to get out of the shops and find an entertaining way to kill a few hours with the whole family then head to the Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park. Here your kids can meet their favourite characters from Nickleodeon shows like Spongebob Squarepants and Dora The Explorer. There are also a bunch of fun and safe rides that should keep them entertained.
The Mall Of America Insider Tips
- Parking is provided free of cost. To ensure that you don't get caught for a parking space consider taking public transport. The Mall is well serviced by both bus and Metro from downtown Minneapolis.