The Mansion on O Street is a luxury boutique hotel in Washington, D.C. that is known for its eccentric interior design featuring hidden rooms and secret doors. It is especially popular with high-profile guests due to its reputation for privacy and its 100 uniquely-decorated rooms. Visitors are even welcome to purchase any of the furnishings and decorations used in the rooms!
The Mansion as it stands today is five old row houses converted into one dwelling, located on O Street between 20th and 21st Streets NW.
If your family is looking for a quirky Washington attraction where you can spend a few hours, consider a visit The Mansion on O Street, where you can enjoy a delicious meal in the restaurant or take a tour of the O Street Museum Foundation.
Things to Do
- Take a tour of the O Street Museum Foundation's collections. This museum within the hotel features numerous exhibits related to art, music, and architecture. Some of its most famous items include signed scripts of The Lord of the Rings, signed guitars from Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones, and drawings done by John Lennon.
- Go on the exciting Treasure Hunt Tour as a family and work together searching the second floor of the hotel for hidden items. You might even win a prize!
- If you take a tour, take advantage of the opportunity to visit the museum's current exhibits for free as part of your admission. They often feature fascinating art exhibits that are unlike anything you'd see in a typical art museum.
- Not only can you stay at the Mansion, you can literally buy anything contained within it. Everything is for sale - and there are a LOT of things in here.
The Mansion on O Street Insider Tips
- Take your kids on the O'Kids Playdates tour, which will take them through 60 of the hotel's 100 rooms and allow them to search its maze-like hallways for secret doors. They'll also participate in a treasure hunt, enjoy some homemade cookies with milk, and get to bring home a brand new book!
- Planning to dine at The Mansion on O Street or go on a tour of the fascinating hotel? Be sure to make an online reservation in advance, as they are required.
- The Mansion on O Street provides valet parking, but it can be rather expensive. You might get lucky finding a spot in the limited on-street parking, but it is best to take public transportation such as the Metro.