Located in the Denver Botanic Garden the Mordecai Children's Garden is an area designed specifically for children and families. It is a three acre space where visitors can learn about the various plants and flowers that can be found throughout the Botanic Garden. They can also find out about the wildlife of the local area and interact with it all through hands on programs.
Things to Do
- There's a whole bunch of fun activities to keep your children occupied while in the Mordecai Garden. They can run their own Scavenger Hunt with the cards that are displayed throughout the Garden.
- There is a Binocular Station where they can spy on the rest of the Garden and Denver city itself.
- There is a bear cave where they can go and hide or a garden to dig in.
- There are also interactive attractions like a stream in which they can build a dam, magnifying glasses to inspect nature a bit closer and more.
- You can visit the Chipotle Home Harvest Garden while you are visiting the Garden. Here children will learn specifically about food, healthy eating and where different kinds of foods originate.
The Mordecai Children's Garden Insider Tips
- Entrance to The Mordecai Children's Garden is included in the regular admission cost of the Denver Botanic Garden.
- Check the Garden's website to see if there are any self-guided activities or tours you can do. At the moment they have information on how to do your own Phenology trail.
- While you are here you should leave time to take in the delights of the Denver Botanic Garden itself either before or after the Children's Garden. It is a lovely place that is ideal for some quiet self-reflection.