The New Children's Museum is a fun-filled family attraction in West Hartford, Connecticut that features a wide variety of interactive exhibits for young children. It also contains a planetarium, workshops, labs, and a wildlife sanctuary and provides exciting children's programs that include camps, sleepovers, scout activities, and birthday parties. It's a must-visit Hartford attraction for any family with small children.
Things to Do
- Visit the wildlife sanctuary, which is home to diverse array of animals that includes turtles, bobcats, lizards, alligators, owls, snakes, and chameleons.
- Check out exhibits like the Imagination Playground, a play area where children can build all kinds of structures using lightweight foam blocks.
- View one of the fascinating shows on display in the domed theater of the Gengras Planetarium, which focus on distant planets, stars, and solar systems.
The New Children's Museum Insider Tips
- Make sure to bring along a camera in order to take your child's photo with Conny the Whale, a 60-foot long replica of a sperm whale located by the museum entrance.
- Don't miss the Thinker Linker Studio, where kids can use interconnecting wooden pieces to build everything from a fort to a robot while making new friends.
- Take your little one to the weekly Little Explorers program, which provides educational activities for young children on Wednesday mornings.