The Rink at Rockefeller Center is one of the quintessential winter experiences in New York City. The rink has provided ice skating for both residents and visitors for nearly 80 years. Whatever your level, you and your family are welcome to glide around the Rink at Rockefeller Center. The first incarnation of the Rink at Rockefeller Center was installed on Christmas Day in 1936 and has been a regular feature of New York City winters ever since.
Things to Do
- Go ice skating at the world's most famous ice skating rink at one of New York City's most famous sights, the Rockefeller Center.
- Have a birthday party for your little one. The Rink at Rockefeller Center offers an unforgettable birthday experience for your child and their friends. Make sure to fill out a reservation form for the party which is available here.
The Rink At Rockefeller Center Insider Tips
- If you're willing to spend a bit of extra money, consider purchasing the VIP package to avoid the lines and enjoy a 90-minute skating session. Special Skate Concierges will help you with your skates and skating tips. You are also treated to hot beverages and freshly-baked cookies.
- Skating at the Rockefeller Center is better once the Christmas tree has been lit, so if you have the option of choosing when you go, make sure you do so once the final decorations are ready for the festive season.
- If you would prefer to avoid the crowds in one of the world's busiest ice rinks, consider going before Thanksgiving or after the middle of January.