The Rollercade is a historic roller rink that first opened in San Antonio in the 1950s. This popular local attraction has provided families with a huge disco-themed roller skating facility for generations. Whether you're interested in having a fun family night out or are looking for a great place for a birthday party, you're sure to have a great time roller skating to lively music and playing games in the arcade.
Things to Do
- Go roller skating! The Rollercade offers public skating sessions every day of the week - just view their schedule to see what times work best for you.
- If someone in your family doesn't know how to roller skate, consider taking one of their 30-minute private lessons, which will teach you the basics of forward and backward skating, basic skating etiquette, and how to fall safely.
- Take a break from skating to visit the arcade, which has tons of fun games as well as pool tables.
- Have your child's next birthday party at The Rollercade! Their party packages include admission, skate rental, drinks, ice cream, at least two hours of skating time, games, and the use of a private party room.
The Rollercade Insider Tips
- Save money by skating on Tuesdays, when public skating costs just $3 for admission and $3 for skate rentals.
- Check out their specials page as well as websites like Groupon before you visit to learn about other deals that can save you money.
- Make sure to follow the rules - even if you're a skilled skater, freestyle skating techniques such as jumps and spins are not allowed at The Rollercade.