The Science Factory is a popular children's museum located in the heart of Alton Baker Park in Eugene, Oregon. It features a variety of hands-on exhibits related to science and technology designed especially for children between the ages of 2 and 14 which focus on topics like flight, motion, and nanotechnology. It is also the home of the Exploration Dome, a planetarium where families can view star shows and learn about the solar system together, and frequently offers educational programs.
Things to Do
- Explore their exhibits - unlike many other children's museums, the Science Factory frequently showcases new exhibits so that you can always learn something new.
- Take your little one to Discovery Cove, a special ocean-themed exhibit for toddlers that contains animal puppets, building blocks, and other age-appropriate activities.
- Check out the Shadow Freeze exhibit, where you can create shadows against a phosphorescent wall.
The Science Factory Insider Tips
- Encourage your daughter to take an interest in science by attending their Girls' Science Adventures workshops, which allow young girls to tour university science labs and do fun science experiments.
- On the first Friday morning of the month, attend Tot Discovery Days, which features tons of interactive science stations for children 5 and younger.
- View one of their fascinating Exploration Dome shows - you can learn more about what's currently showing here.