The Tech Museum of Innovation is a science and technology museum located in downtown San Jose. It features numerous educational exhibits that are designed to introduce visitors of all ages to the innovative technology being created throughout Silicon Valley and the world. Topics covered by the museum's interactive exhibits include social robots, wearable technology, genetics, medical technology, and more.
Things to Do
- Visit the You are Everywhere exhibit, which allows visitors to fly across the earth, the moon, and Mars using a special version of Google Earth.
- Check out the Tech Test Zone, a huge play area where you can interact with exhibits such as a shadow garden screen and an infrared camera.
- Explore the Tech Exploration Gallery, a thrilling area where you can experience an earthquake simulation or go for a ride in a chair that allows you to feel like an astronaut floating around using a jet pack.
- Build and program your own robot in the Social Robots area!
The Tech Museum of Innovation Insider Tips
- If you plan to enjoy an educational IMAX film at the museum too, you can save money by purchasing a combined ticket for admission to both the museum and a film.
- Visitors who have a Bank of America credit or check card can get one free admission to the museum galleries on the first full weekend of every month.
- Check out the museum's calendar to learn about upcoming events such as family programs, summer camps, and film screenings.