The Waffle House museum is a 1955 restaurant that is located in Decatur, Georgia. Two neighbors, Joe Rogers and Tom Forkner opened it back in 1955, today it's a restaurant chain with 2,100 restaurants in different states. The waffle house museum displays memorabilia from the past 60 years. The restaurant started giving tours and opened as a house museum in 2008, tours are lead by Waffle house employees. Waffle house is famous for it's freshly prepared food, good service, and the restaurants are open 24 hours a day. Tours can be scheduled by calling on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Things to Do
- The Waffle house has been serving waffles for over 60 years now, they are famous for their waffles, sandwiches, hash browns, salads and coffee.
- The Waffle house Ice tea is one of it's kind and a favorite beverage in the Summer, it' a special tea containing China black tea with other teas to make a rich flavor.
- The Bert's chili is another specialty of the waffle house, the recipe is almost 30 year-old containing chili beans, sausage, tomatoes, onions and seasonings.
- The signature waffle house coffee uses the highest brand Arabica coffee beans, this coffee has a delicate blend and a sweet and strong aroma.
- Visitors can tour the museum for memorabilia and historical items on display, it has photos and waffle house records on display; museum entrance is free.
The Waffle House Museum Insider Tips
- Join the Waffle house regulars club for coupons and offers.