The Wild Rumpus is an independent children's bookstore in Linden Hills Minneapolis. They offer a wide selection of books for all ages from the youngest kids up to your oldest teenagers. Children's authors regularly stop by to talk about their books with fans and the store also hosts readings, book clubs, in-store book fairs and field trips.
Things to Do
- Keep an eye on the Wild Rumpus website to keep track of the upcoming authors visiting the store. The shop often holds other special events for kids, particularly around holidays.
- The Store has book clubs for all ages. The Book Eaters Club is for Grades 2 & 3. Grades 4-6 have two options with both the Ink Drinkers and Thought Bubbles Clubs being offered for this age group. The Book Thieves is for Grades 7 & 8 while there is an Advanced Reader Review Group for Grades 9-12. Finally there is even the Beer And Comics Group for people above the age of 21. Full details of these clubs can be found here.
- Unlike almost any other book shop The Wild Rumpus is also home to a small zoo of animals! They have mice, a giant spider, a chicken, three cats and a range of other furry little critters!
- Tail Time is held every Monday at 10.30 am and is your chance to bring along your young child to hear one of their favourite books such as Where The Wild Things are or Happy Birthday Moon being read to them along with a group of other children.
The Wild Rumpus Bookstore Insider Tips
- The Tail Time readings are very popular so make sure you get there ahead of time to secure a spot. If you are heading with a group it may be best to call the book store to make arrangements.
- The Wild Rumpus' prices aren't through the roof. In fact they often provide second hand books often for as cheap as one dollar a piece.