The Works Museum is a hands-on science museum in Bloomington, Minnesota, which is just a short drive south of Minneapolis. It features a wide variety of interactive exhibits that are designed to teach children about science, technology, engineering, and math in a fun environment. The museum also offers special programs for children and families and hosts fun-filled birthday parties.
Things to Do
- Explore the Design Lab, where your entire family can work together in order to create things like balloon-powered race cars and marble roller coasters.
- Visit the Sensor Zone exhibit, where you can interact with all kinds of sensors which control lights, sounds, and machines.
- Check out the huge K'Nex Ball Machine, a massive 23-foot tall sculpture made from K'Nex by a local student!
The Works Museum Insider Tips
- Take your little one to one of their Pre-K Mornings, which introduce children between the ages of 3 and 5 to engineering concepts through fun activities.
- If your child loves science, consider having their birthday party at the museum! Their party packages include museum admission, the use of a party room, pizza, and fun activities.
- Feel free to bring along a lunch to eat in their lunchroom instead of purchasing food from a nearby restaurant.