This Is The Place Heritage Park is a fascinating attraction in Salt Lake City, Utah that allows visitors to travel back in time to see what life was like back when Utah was first settled. Attractions include a Native American village, train rides around the park, gold panning, pony rides, a splash pad, a museum, a beautiful monument, and the chance to try pioneer chores like grinding corn, milking cows, and spinning wool. There are also beautiful horseback riding trails that you can explore with your family, or you can stop by their old-fashioned ice cream parlor for a cool summertime treat.
Things to Do
- Explore the Native American Village, where you can see what life was like in Utah before Mormon pioneers arrived, listen to stories from interpreters, and view traditional dances.
- Visit the farm animals in the Savage Livery and then take your child to enjoy a memorable pony ride.
- Learn about pioneer life by visiting tradesmen like the blacksmith, spinner, and woodworker.
- Cool off in the summer heat with a visit to Irrigation Station, a new splash pad attraction.
This Is The Place Heritage Park Insider Tips
- Save money by visiting the park on Sundays, when admission is discounted for visitors of all ages.
- Check their calendar to learn about upcoming events such as Pioneer Days and the annual Haunted Village for Halloween.
- Feel free to bring your own food and drinks into the park instead of purchasing snacks from the various shops and visitor center.